Question by : Major need of help with 9th grade Geography take home test!PLEASE HELP!!!? part 2?
31) if you were traveling to disney world in orlando what scale map would you use?
a) small scale
b) large scale
34) continental drift is a geography fact?
35) what area has most of the earths mass?
36) What “sphere” occupies the most space on and above the earth?
38) The great Lakes of North America were caused by what event(s) /
a. A meteors striking earth
b. volcanic eruption
c. Glacial action
25) quadrants on a map are usually?
a. North, South
b. East, West
c. northeast, southeast
d. northwest, southwest
24. this one of the effects when a sphere is displayed on a flat surface?
23. The process of putting a sphere on to a flat surface
26. What is another name for Letitude?
13. the 2 areas of the united states and Canada that are most alike ,are both called the “Breadbasket” of their countries. THESE two areas are
a. Northeast and Core Provinces
b. South and Pacific Coast Provinces
c. South and Prairie Provinces
d. Midwest and Prairie Provinces
20. A Geostationary satellite has what type of orbit around the earth?
21. Which system would be best to use for a police department to track of the location of the police cars?
22) Which system would be best to use for a police department to determine how many police cars to deploy in various zones of the city?
8) The term that is originally used for the original inhabitance of Canada is
b. First Nations
9) the transportation type that helped to populate the Western sections of North America were
Answer by Mr. Smartypants
31. If you were traveling TO Disney World from far away (say, Canada) you’d use a large scale map. If you were traveling INSIDE Disney World, you’d use a small scale map.
34. This is a trick question. Continental drift is a scientific -theory-, not a fact. But it’s pretty well proven.
35) The mantle is 85% of the volume of the earth
38) The Great Lakes were scooped out by glaciers
25) This one I don’t understand. I was taught the quadrants of a map are northeast, southeast, southwest and northwest.
26. Latitude is parallels. (because lines of latitude are parallel)
13. The ‘breadbasket’ are the midwest states and prairie provinces.
21. GPS “Geo-Positioning Satellite”
22) GIS, Geographic Information System
8) First Nations
9) Trains (Oh, come on, this one is pretty easy!
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!